Thursday, January 22, 2009

A Long Time Gone

Hello world- I’m back! It has been quite awhile since I posted about my life, but with vacation ending (and sending me into a downward spiral of depression) and my stomach attacking me so viciously, I didn’t have much desire to put my thoughts into words. But now, with Obama as president and my stomach finally returning to a somewhat normal state, I feel inclined to tell you all about my vacation- the good AND the bad. So you will find below two blog posts about what I did with my 25 days of rest in southern Africa.

But before you get to that, I just want to quickly thank a couple people who didn’t forget about me over the holidays. Thanks to Melanie and Julie for sending me packages of love that made me smile, laugh, and do a little inward jig. Thanks to Becca, who sent me an awesome postcard from Ireland, where she partied with friends that I miss dearly. And thanks to Nina, who probably never reads this, but who sent me a lovely Norwegian Christmas card that truly made me smile. Thanks for remembering me here in Africa guys!!

No comments: